When you plan to perform an aesthetic procedure for the benefit of your skin, it is important that you compare the benefits and advantages of a variety of treatments, Such is the case of microdermabrasion and peeling. Of course, it is essential that you make that decision with the help of a trained medical specialist who will keep you up to date on the procedure that best suits you, according to a considered diagnosis of your skin’s condition and the results you want to obtain.
Aesthetic medicine is constantly innovating its treatments for health, beauty and youthful skin.
Two of those procedures are microdermabrasion and peeling. Let’s examine both and determine their different characteristics.
- Peeling is an exfoliation or peeling of certain layers of the skin to remove dead cells and blemishes, alter unwanted pigmentation and stimulate collagen production. The result is fresher, smoother and rejuvenated skin.
- There are different types of peelings. One is the chemical peel, which consists of applying an acid to the skin that reaches deep into the layers to eliminate imperfections. Physical peeling is performed with a laser, while mechanical peeling exfoliates the skin through brushes, special rollers, sandpaper or other devices.
- After receiving a peel, you may notice some peeling or redness. You should take care to use sunscreen and avoid direct exposure from the skin. It is recommended to allow a month between treatments.
- Microdermabrasion is a treatment that deeply exfoliates the skin using a microneedle. The needles form micro-perforations that repair the skin and activate healing.
- This treatment is commonly used for issues such as acne, stretch marks and even some types of alopecia. In some cases, multiple sessions are needed to see results.
- The device also allows nutrients such as vitamin C or collagen to be supplied to the skin.
- Both peeling and microdermabrasion stimulate the production of collagen and elastin. And both treatments provide different solutions, depending on your specific needs and your skin type. Your recovery time can vary, as well as the time it will take to see results.
When you come to the office of Dr. Abraham Cázares, Aesthetic Medicine, you can trust that our peeling treatments are very safe and effective. They are specially formulated to avoid complications from the sun. We use Dermapen, the most innovative technology, for our microdermabrasion treatment.
Schedule an appointment with us and find out which is the best treatment for your unique skin type.